Memorial Hall Graduation Requirements
Memorial Hall follows the Texas Education Agency Guidelines; requiring a minimum of (26) credits for graduation.
- English – (4) credits- It is mandatory that English lll and English lV are taken in U.S. schools.
- Math – (4) credits- Including; Algebra l, Geometry, and Algebra ll.
- Science – (4) credits- Including; IPC, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Social Studies – (3.5) credits- Including; World History, World Geography, U.S. History, and U.S. Government.
- Economics – (.5) credits- With Emphasis on the Free Enterprise System and its benefits.
- Languages – (2) credits- Other than English, any two levels of the same language are required.
- Physical Education – (1) credit.
- Speech – (.5) credit- Communication Applications or Professional Communications.
- Fine Arts – (1) credit- Art, Dance, Music, or Theatre.
- Electives – (5.5) credits- These credits must be from classes that are within the parameters of T.E.A. requirements.
- ESL – (1) credit- English as a Second Language – All International Students are required to take a minimum of one year of ESL. We recommended two years of ESL in order to develop improved comprehension skills and fluency.